How do I stop my cotton hoodies from shedding?

I am tired of buying expensive hoodies and having them shed after only three washes. Is there a way I can prevent this? They just seem to look so corroded.



Any help at all would appreciated.



Thanks.

Answers: (4)


coltiee : i could be the dryer if you use one and if so try putting the tempreture to medium or delicate i found the having the dryer too hot can cause that damage

maple mama : I wonder if these have any polyester in them? If so, it's hard to keep them from pilling. Have you tried washing in cold water on mild cycle with a mild detergent like Ivory Snow? Also turning inside out? You can also shave the hoodie with a razor but this will weaken the fabric eventually. Good luck!

elsa : Buy a clothes shaver at Target/K-Mart.

Rochelle N : I have a couple of ways you could do this. Buy a clothes shaver or after you clean the hoodies you can run duct tape over the hoodies.